
As most of you know that my daughter Samantha is getting married on Saturday. Most of the preparations are completed and all that I have left to do is to sit back and enjoy the festivities (don't I wish). One of the big choices that I had to make was what to serve the guests that come to the reception on Saturday night. Jon's (the groom) Mom is stressed with the last minute guest list for the wedding luncheon at the Lion House. She can only invite 54 guests--who to include and who to leave out? Once again the question: why is everything that we do all about the food? What we eat at the wedding luncheon or what I serve at the reception has little bearing on the mechanics of getting married (the important stuff happens that morning in the Temple--anything else is just fluff).
Well enough reflection. I'm getting smarter (that should surprise some people) but instead of baking for weeks on end, like I did for my oldest daughters wedding, I just went over to Costco and ordered 30 cheesecakes. My son Steve will pick them up Saturday afternoon and my sisters will slice them and put them on a serving table so that the quests may help-themselves. I hope the guests like cheesecake, but if they don't I really don't care. Providing a wedding refreshment is simply a convention and won't make or break the day. I keep repeating this to myself--maybe by Saturday I'll believe it.
5 comments:
i think that you did it the smart way. It's easy, and not to mention tastey. Costco does have some pretty good cheesecake
My mom did that for my sisters wedding, and it was SO good. Just be prepared to have a years supply in cheesecake for leftovers haha.
That is so exciting that she is getting married! I definitely agree that the most important part is what happens in the temple. Although the wedding dinner and reception are fun, they are just fluff. Good luck with everything! And ps... cheesecake sounds like a great choice!
I love cheesecake. We had a lady in my home ward that would make little cheesecakes for every ward event and they were so good. Hopefully everything goes well on Saturday.
Cheescake is the best!! I wouldn't really worry about the refreshments either. The Temple is the important thing.
Post a Comment